Friday, December 11, 2015

Las Brisas - Week 17

December 7, 2015

Well this week I really dont remember alot that happened but it was pretty crazy. I think this week was so hard and unpredictable and frustrating bu tit just made me love the mission even more and we have gotten really good about finding blessings and little miracles in every crazy hard thing that happens. 

My testimony has also really grown in the simple beautiful truths of the Gospel. Our investigator Hans has about every question that you could ever think of and honestly some of them just arent that important to know. But every question can always tie back into the plain simple truths of the Gospel. Yeah its extremely frustrating sometimes but ive learned that were not here to answer every nitty gritty question but were here to testify of what we know to be true, and through that we can help others feel este seguridad también. 

Also we contacted a girl and her aunt in the  street this week and they are just made of some beautiful souls. Oh my word that are the sweetest and I just have so much love fro them! We have visited them a few times during the week and they are just full of desire to learn more! We mostly saw Antonella (shes 22) cause her aunt was out of town for an emergency thingy. They are a hard time understanding what they read in the Book of Mormon but they can feel the spirit and they want to learn more and sometimes thats all you have to have and the rest will come. Poco a poco 

Also  I T S   F I N A L L Y   D I C I E M B R E ! ! !
Palabra mio... I love christmas. I love this time of year so much. If someone mentions anything that is possibly christmas related I just get all giddy inside and sometimes i get a little giddy outside too! But its just so beautiful! We had an actividad for the missionaries in Historia Familiar (there are 8 of us. 4 comps) and we set up a projector outside of IRU and put on the church christmas videos and sang christmas carols and contacted people and invited them to watch the videos and I just love christmas so much! 

Also the christmas devotional was off the chain! Its just all so great, all the everything!
Ok so I love you all so much and I hope you all just take some time to really think about the ¨reason for the season¨ chirstmas is awesome and fun, but its also a time to reflect on the maravilloso birth of our Savior and the gift of eternal life, eternal joy and happiness that we can have, not only for this month or this year or this life, but forever, gracias a El. 

Also we get to eat chancho for christmas. Thats normally a forbidden food here, but not for christmas! 

Also go to navidad.mormon.org right now and watch the vídeo navideño, it will change your life! #HaNacidoUnSalvador 

With love from Lima
The time has come.....
This is my cuy (guinea pig) - Freddy.
I am going to eat him this coming Saturday 
Hermana Scarlett


Quail eggs are really a big thing here. also they are delicious and are cheap as dirt.


A birthday tradition - showered heavily with FLOUR

No comments:

Post a Comment