Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Las Jardines - Week 1

February 2, 2016

Me and Hermana Moffet, my new greenie!
Hello family and friends. I have been transferred toooooo.... SAN JUAN DE LURIGAUNCHO! ALso here I am finishing the training of Hermana Moffet (from UT)! You can just call me Hermama Scarlett.
SHes a sweetheart and hilarious! 


I think my family back home knew that I would be training before I actually knew. We got the call monday night and I FREAKED OUT. Oh my word I was a stress ball. But its all ok. Just this past week I wrote to president about cambios (before we knew the cambios) And said that where ever I go and who every I am with its for a reason. Then we got the call, and I thought that president might have lost his mind. But then I remembered what I told president. There is a reason for where I am going to be and who I am going to be with.  Im here in Los Jardines 1 (my sector) with hermnaa moffet for a reason. So im just gonna FAITH it till I make it. 

This area is suuuper different. We are right on the limits of the mission- we have a road in our sector and if you cross it youre in Mision Lima Norte. Also here there is a ton of dirt and dust. We are far away from the mar so it is also really dry here, and there are no big buildings like there were in Magdalena so the sun is a lot stronger here. But its a great place. 

I really cant tell you too much about the people here yet cause I dont know that many- but the ones that I have met are angels and just so sweet. 

We found one menos activa and we talked to her for a bit and then we asked her to say a prayer and she said a sweet prayer but when she ended she just said "amen" and so I kinda peeked at her and whispered "In the name of Jesucristo, amen" So she could end it right so then she was like "Yeah ok, en el nombre de Jesucristo de los santos de los últimos días, amen " Haha shes cute, were gonna work on that. 

Also the second day I got here H Moffet got sick :( So we were in the house for a bit. But she is better now and we are back to a good pace and workin hard!
I really dont have that much more to say!
Heres a quote that I love from Our Search for Happiness, by M. Russell Ballard
"And an interesting thing happens whenever you attempt to place your feet in Christs footsteps. If you really concentrate on trying to walk the way He walked- loving, caring, serving, and obeying, each step of the way - one day youll look up and discover that His path has led you directly to the throne of God."
This is my goal. to walk the way He walked. To follow in his footsteps and do all that I can to help others come to this knowledge- that only through Christ can we live with our Heavenly Father again. I love this gospel and I love Christ and all the He has done for me through His infinite love. 

Love you all and I pray for you often!
With Love from Lima 
-Hermana Scarlett


Las P-Day in Las Brisus - Waffles!!!




Nicolas - My BFF from Las Brisas

We found this cool thermometer-you just put it on your forehead 
and it tells you your temp. #meanmugginit



No comments:

Post a Comment